Collab Studio Product Management Fellowship
Over nine months, our five Fellows will receive their Product Management Certification, virtual coaching and startup skills development, and direct client connections through our portfolio of Black founders with early-stage startups
Our Fellows also receive ongoing coaching, training, and mentorship from experienced Product Managers, who we call “Guides.” Our Guides lead Product at successful startups and some of the world’s largest companies.
Applications are Open
Starting October 19, 2021, eligible Black creatives can apply to the Product Management Fellowship program.
Why We Built This
Collab Studio’s sibling entity, Collab Capital, built a new financial instrument and a network to help Black founders of early-stage startups grow sustainably.
Our Product Management Fellowship addresses network challenges that Black founders face in acquiring talent and building world-class products.
At a startup, the Product Manager’s primary focus includes reaching (or improving) product-market fit, uncovering market opportunities, and helping the company grow. By building a talent pipeline that enables Black founders to create better products, we will increase the number of successful startups within our community. Because Product Managers play an essential role in shaping the product’s strategic direction, it’s also vital that we have Product Managers who understand the markets many Black founders serve.
Applications open October 19th and close November 7th at 11:59 p.m.
Applicants selected for 1:1 interviews will be notified in mid-November.
To be eligible for the Product Management Fellowship, applicants must:
- Have an incorporated, for-profit creative services company (or similar) based in the United States.
- Preferably have $100K or more in annual revenue.
- Preferably have two or more additional part-time or full-time employees.
- Have an active roster of clients who can vouch for their track record of exceptional customer service.
- Commit to participating in all virtual sessions and programming, beginning with our Fellow/Guide Mixer on November 29, 2021, and ending with graduation on August 31, 2022 (see FAQs for additional key dates).
- Share our commitment to building community and increasing Black generational wealth.
For complete eligibility requirements and other common questions, see FAQs.
About Collab Studio
Collab Studio provides Black founders, service providers, talent, and others with a safe place to collaborate. Combining an ever-expanding network with intentional programming, Collab Studio seeks to improve the likelihood of founder success by providing tools, networking opportunities, upskilling opportunities, and wellness experiences.
About Collab Capital
Collab Capital is an investment fund leveraging financial, human, and social capital to help founders build sustainable, technology-enabled businesses. We create growth opportunities for Black founders with early-stage startups by providing investment capital and connecting them to corporate and social influencers.